Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Computer takes long time to turn on... Have tried a lot things to fix it! PLEASE HELP!?

Hello, my pc is several years old and takes about 5-10 minutes to turn on. It gets stuck forever on the gateway screen, it makes me push enter on my login (even though there is only one user name and i don't have a password) and then it sits with the blue background for two more minutes before the desktop icons pop up.



Things I have done that haven't helped:



-defragmented



-deleted all unnecessary files (I have almost 90% of my harddrive free!)



-gone into the msconfig and made it so that almost nothing starts at the startup



-run virus scans, ad-aware, and anti-spyware



Any suggestions?



Will a registry cleaner help me? There are a couple of files that are on msconfig that I didn't touch because I don't know what they are...



Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!



Computer takes long time to turn on... Have tried a lot things to fix it! PLEASE HELP!?live update



Yes,a registry cleaner can help you



Try this registry cleaner



http://boost-computer-performance.info



It works very well.



Computer takes long time to turn on... Have tried a lot things to fix it! PLEASE HELP!?norten



Can you hear a regular clicking sound whilst it is failing to boot - if so your harddrive may be failing and the heads might be repeatedly reading the same sector(s) trying to piece together the data

No comments:

Post a Comment