Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Laptop Not Connecting to internet?

Ok, so, over the past few days, I have noticed something very strange. One day, after my laptop has been working fine, mozilla firefox all of a sudden cannot connect to the internet. No problem, just used internet explorer. This worked fine for a day, then all of sudden, I turn on my computer, and IE cannot connect to the internet. Additionally, my anti-virus cannot connect to receive updates. My wireless connection is fine, as it says that it is connected. I don't have a virus because I scanned my cpu with 2 different AV programs. What is going on and how can I fix this??? Please email me at ryanchilcoat@gmail.com



Laptop Not Connecting to internet?microsoft



1. Is wireless modem on your computer turned on? You may have accidentally turned it off.



2. On computer, select network icon on bottom ot windows task bar. See if computer detects any networks, See if it sees your network. Make your network your default network.



3. If you are accessing your neighbors Internet without his knowledge, your neighbor has probably charged the security on his/her network



4. Is this the only computer that can not make a connection?



5. If this is not the only computer that can not connect then. Cycle the power off for 30 sec. and on to your modem and router. Releases and renews your license from your provider to your router.



6. Check all connections between Internet source (DSL or Cable) and modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment