Friday, August 20, 2010

A process AppSvc32.exe is running whilst my PC is idle.?

I've noticed that sometimes a process called AppSvc32.exe in Windows XP is running in the background despite having no other programs running. It takes up to 50% of my CPU sometimes and if I am running a program causes my programs to run very slowly. I've run a full system scan using Nortan Anti-virus which didn't find anything.



So I am perplexed as to what could be causing it.



Anybody got any serious ideas?



A process AppSvc32.exe is running whilst my PC is idle.?free spyware remover



Here's a workround



http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/show...



A process AppSvc32.exe is running whilst my PC is idle.?ktm



It's part of Norton AV. It can be disabled in the preferences, but security is lessened if you do.



However, personally I'd recommend using something other than Norton. If you're going to PAY for an AV, it should at least be better than the free ones available. I recommend Kapersky or BitDefender. If you want free, go with AVG or Avast!.



By replacing Norton with one of these, you should immediately see a significant boost in performance with active scanning enabled.
this is a known problem with norton anti virus



appsvc32.exe is a part of norton antivirus.



the only way to fix it is to go to norton antovirus website and get all the updates and patches

No comments:

Post a Comment