Friday, August 20, 2010

Does Limewire screw up your computer?

I installed the newest version a few days ago and my computer slowed down A LOT and started freezing up randomly. I uninstalled it and ran various virus/spyware scans (it found loads of viruses!) but my computer is still really slow. I'm guessing my computer still has some sorta virus my anti virus software hasn't found yet.



I've tried Adaware, AVG, Avast and Pc Tools scans so far. Any recommendations?



Does Limewire screw up your computer?anti virus software



No the true Limewire is spyware free, best program to share (legal files).



Does Limewire screw up your computer?aurora



Limewire is possibly the worst p2p program i've ever used.



update AVG and scan again.



if you want to use p2p programs i suggest Ares as i found it doesn't lag the computer at all.
i also have limewire but i have no problems i use mcafee spyware and it works for me
It can. Remember, you're sharing your hard drive with everyone on the internet, so the can copy your files and slow down your computer. Also, the likelihood of some kind of malware being downloaded is very high. Then when you factor in the possibility of criminal charges and lawsuits, it seems cheaper to buy music instead of stealing it.
I got lots of problems from Limewire at first. It is a large program and it does slow down your computer a lot! Especially if you're trying to browse the internet while Limewire is running. There is a pretty popular bug with Limewire (don't know what it's called) that causes Limewire to just start up by itself. I found that if I reset the setting to default, it takes care of it. Also, I have no problems with music and videos when I only download the extintions that I am familiar with: mp3, wma, etc. And, I never ever down load any programs. I'd say 7 out of ten put something onto your computer!
cws shredder is good for virus and trojan stuff - get cleanup 452 to get rid of all the junk and or ccleaner
if u payed fo the new veriosn then u should be good. if you got it 4 free it's prolly a virus
If you downloaded a bunch of songs that could slow up your pc the more files you have the slower it will run.it dose not have to be a virus that slows it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment