Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does anyone know, besides ad/spy-ware or viruses, why my programs and web-pages open & close so

I have already run several bspyware, adware, virus, %26 rootkit scans. These have all checked out clean. I've cleaned out all the cookies and temporary files. I've defragmented. I have an abundance of free disc space and RAM. Using Windows XP pro. Office 2003 pro. I do have several items loading at startup, but that shouldn't effect opening and closing programs or webpages should it? Could it be my anti-spyware %26/or firewalls? I haven't tried running anything with these items disabled yet. Should I do that first? Any sincere information will be deeply appreciated. No smarty-pants answers please, only serious replies. THANKS!



Does anyone know, besides ad/spy-ware or viruses, why my programs and web-pages open %26 close so slowly?antivirus



A couple of things come to mind:



What kind of antivirus are you using? Norton, Panda and McAffe are known for slowing down your system badly. They can cause that behaviour.



Also, make sure you are not running two antiviruses at the same time. That is just a big no no.



Make sure you are not running two firewalls at the same time either.



Second. Do you have Internet Explorer 7 installed? Keep in mind that it might have been forcefully installed via automatic updates. The good people at Micro$oft have decided that everyone likes IE7 and force it into us.



If it is so, uninstall it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment