Friday, August 20, 2010

I need big time computer help! Viruses! Its a work computer...?

Okay. This is all a recent problem. I recenly intalled Windows Service Pack 2. I don't know if it is related but ever sense then I have had nothing but problems. I have norton anti-virus on my computer, and I have ran some scans and it just says that two non-viral threats remain. However when ever I opened internet explorer Norton would send me several messages stating I have viruses such as, Trojan Vundo, Trojan Horse, and Trojan. Low Zones. I have also been experiecing pop ups and new whole ad pages pop ups. The regular pop ups are suggesting that I scan my computer with Win Anti Virus Pro 2007. I will also get a page that will pop up taking me to either some advertisement or to the Win Anti Virus Pro 2007.



My computer has been running terribly slow. Please help. What can I do? This is a work computer so it cannot be infected!!! Norton scans say I have two non viral threats, but then why do they warn me about viruses on my computer? The norton pop up states they cannot be repaired.



I need big time computer help! Viruses! Its a work computer...?windows



No. Keep SP2. Try and follow these steps to kill off the malware.



Firstly update and run your anti-virus product. You can also run a free online scan as well as some malware can actually corrupt or disable your resident security products. Here are a few online scans you can run:



Trend - http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment