Friday, August 20, 2010

My computer is too slow?

I do disk cleanup and disk degragmenter about once a week. I have xp home edition and have about 60% of hard disk space left . I use a 56 kbps modem. I cannot have ADSL wireless modem because of where I live (remote island). I have Norton Anti virus which I update and scan regularly and also have Spybot - Search %26 destroy. What i can possibly do to increase the speed on my computer.?



My computer is too slow?



Look at your systray (bottom right corner). How many of those applications do you actually use? Uninstall ones that you're sure you never use. Check the start up folder. Do you actually need those applications running at start up? If not remove them from the start up folder. Do a bit more research to find out how to remove more start up applications. Does your antivirus cover spyware? I think Norton 2006 probably does. In which case you don't need Spybot as well. So remove it. Remove software you don't need or at least make sure it's not running in the background and your computer will speed up. If you're not downloading or installing new programs you can disable your antivirus. In short make sure that you only run the applications that you need. Then consider upgrading the hardware.



My computer is too slow?antivirus downloads



Run startup.exe at:



  • find rental listings
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment