Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is my laptop so slow?

I recently purchased 512mb of RAM for my hp pavilion ze5600 (Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.60 GHz it currently holds 706 of RAM. after I installed 512 mb card i notice little or no speed change when opening programs or files. I have McAfee virus scan installed as well as anti spyware software. I run these daily, but it seems my laptop does not run as fast as it should with all the RAM in it. My computer is fully updated as well (windows xp). Please help, I appreciate any feedback, thanks!



Why is my laptop so slow?computers



Your laptop is slow because its processor is weak and the memory is just not good enough.



I would advise getting a new laptop from dell. Your laptop specification is very weak. Intel celeron. wow! Get a laptop with at least a core duo processor, at least 1gb ram and an ati or nvidia video card. Windows Vista is here and your laptop cannot even pinch it talkless or running it.



Why is my laptop so slow?hijack this



If I'm understanding you. You originally had one 256MB RAM module and a second 512MB Ram module. So you replaced the 256MB RAM module with a 512MB module, thus making the total amount of installed RAM 1GB. Is this correct?



There is a huge misconcetion on RAM. Just as there is with hard disk space and deleting programs. I got best answer on a simlar question and what I wrote is below. But basically RAM only provides a larger operating space for you to run multiple and large programs at the same time without affecting system performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment