Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dell Inspiron 6000 Booting Trouble?

This morning when I tried to boot my laptop (Inspiron 6000), it gave me the error message something along this lines: ''Cannot find booting device on internal hard drive.'' Then it says to press F1 to try to boot again, and F2 to go into Utilities. I have not messed with the hard drive that I know of. I have the TV show downloader Miro, and I downloaded seven TV episodes in one sitting. It is NOT a virus, because my Norton Anti-Virus ran an automatic scan the night before it gave me this boot message and said the entire system was clear. I'm very concerned that the hard drive will need to be replaced simply because I have several Word documents needed for school. Any help or even any ideas would be just great. Thanks in advance.



Dell Inspiron 6000 Booting Trouble?antispam



Your hard drive has either crapped out on you or has unseated. Open up the door where your hard drive is and make sure it has not come loose. You could also try F2 and load up in safe mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment