Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A possible trojan computer virus? Help?

Okay, so I was surfing the internet when something download itself on my computer. It made itself one of my toolbars on my internet explorer. Now I have pop-ups that ask me to download something because a virus/worm has been detected. I haven't downloaded it in fear that it's a Trojan virus.



I get these three anti-spyware icons on my desktop each time I log on and they appear on my favorites menu. I delete them when I see it, but it never stays off.



Whenever I open up internet explorer now, they change my homepage to an anti-spyware page telling me to download its program. I delete it and change my homepage, but it simply will not change after I have moved to another web page.



I used Norton AntiSpyware Scan to do a full scan; it scanned everything and said there was nothing harmful. I also used Windows Defender, recommended by a local computer expert that came to my school. I stopped the Windows Defender midway. It said there was an harmful object in which I removed.



Help!



A possible trojan computer virus? Help?computers



Phony alert boxes, background changes or ''balloon'' pop-ups from the tray (by the clock) about a trojan, virus or spyware infection and the attempt to sell you some useless software to ''fix'' the problem usually indicates that your computer has a Smitfraud infection. DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT THEY TRY TO SELL YOU! IT IS SCAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment