Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hi. My system restarts automatically when i switch it on.?

I have a net connection and my anti-virus (McAfee) is turned on for updates. I scan my computer often and create a restore point. I have installed Ad-adware SE Personnel too.



Hi. My system restarts automatically when i switch it on.?network



There is no mention of what type of operating system, Lets presume that you are using Windows XP, due to software you mentioned. At what point does your system restart? You can try Spybot search and destroy. In Spybots program directory you will find a program called teatimer. Install teatimers short cut into Startup. There is a Microsoft program called drop my rights, If you put startup icons into it's window the programs are not allowed to assume administrator privileges, put all your browsers,instant messengers in this box. Good Luck, Provide more info and you may get more answers



Hi. My system restarts automatically when i switch it on.?norton



My first thought was also overheating, secondly you may have a bad memory stick, if you have multiple sticks try taking out one by one and reboot. Thirdly, try unplugging everything except harddisk, video card and memory: unplug A drive, CD drive, multiple harddrives, fans, USB, network, sound card or anything else and reboot.



More info needed to know if it is hardware or software(windows) problem, sounds like a hardware problem. restarts how many times out of 10? done anything to the comp lately(add hardware/software)?
One Reason can be cpu overheating

No comments:

Post a Comment