Friday, August 20, 2010

Malware, trojan horses, viruses!?

I have a simple question to ask. You see I had norton anti virus installed and I thought everything was good. Then one day it said my scanner couldn't run a full scan. I was a bit worried that some unknown virus had taken over it but I thought I was jumping to conclusions. Then I downloaded some better virus scanner, that was very good at picking out viruses. To my discovery I found over 21 viruses on my computer. Not only that but since I ran the scan, the viruses were programmed to react to this type of situation and began to attack the virus scanner. Well, it all worked out and I neutralized them all but I want to delete them off my computer to never again infect it. I tried using IE and it shuts me off and my computer doesn't allow me to search... what should I do?



Malware, trojan horses, viruses!?firewall



Try a online antivirus scanner and a online anti-adware/malware/spyware scanner in safe mode with network to clean up your computer BEFORE you download anything.



Turn off system restore before you boot up in safe mode with network to clean your system restore points for viruses, spyware, adware etc.



To get in safe mode tap F8 when booting you computer.



Choose ''Safe mode with network''.



Go to Start 鈥?Run - type iexplore http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html Enter(ok).



Do a full system scan. If something is found, delete it, reboot and do the same again in safe mode with network.

No comments:

Post a Comment